Why Join the Chamber?
OUR SERVICES ENCOMPASS the region and the communities of Mattagamon; Island Falls; Patten; Sherman; Shin Pond, Mt Chase, Medway, Millinocket, East Millinocket. Becoming a member of the Chamber comes with benefits for your business or organization. Marketing, workforce development, insurance products, networking regionally, and across the state are a few direct benefits. We are your advocate at the municipal, county, state, and federal levels. Our connectivity to the Maine State Chamber and local and state representatives assure us that our voices are heard. We offer tailored memberships aligned with the diversity of the composition of our region including business memberships, nonprofit membership, individual friend
membership and our Cornerstone membership. Collectively we collaborate to improve the lives of our residents, employees and the region.
CURRENT MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS FOR ALL MEMBERS:
- Listing within the searchable business directories of our new and improved website, www.katahdinmaine. com, as well as our annual Katahdin Region Visitor’s Guide that is distributed virtually (and tracked analytically) via ISSUU, locally, state-wide through a network of chamber information centers and in our mailings.
- Promotion of your company or organization and your upcoming events, sales, products, news, employment opportunities, through word of mouth, distribution of marketing materials, postings in our Millinocket office and Medway Information Center, email, social media, the community calendar on our website and our marque sign — we are always looking for innovative ways to bring added value to your organization. And our relationship with you. “Meet a Member” is a new showcase that features a new member each month. Join us and we’ll help promote your hard work.
- Invitations to attend or host Chamber events such as our quarterly get-togethers, board meetings, Chamber After Hours and other networking programs build stronger alliances within our region.
- Ribbon cutting is a great way to promote a new business, relocation, or expansion of your long-standing business or new products/services you may add to a business or nonprofit. You provide
- Promotion of your organization by Chamber staff through phone, email, social media, and face-to-face referrals.
- Insurance for chamber members is often lower in cost and broader in scope. Our director of membership services has all the details.
- Provision of our annual Katahdin Chamber Visitor’s Guide in both print and virtual editions to display at your organization or link to your website.
- Display your marketing materials. Your brochures, literature, menu, rack and business cards, maps, flyers, and whatever you have that carries your name will have a place at our two visitor center locations.
- Perks include use of our equipment: tents, chairs, tables, projector, screen, sound system and more, as well as free vendor space at our events and festivals (excludes food vendors and need for access to electricity.)
- Opportunities to advertise in our Visitor Guide and maps for a discounted fee. All services are offered at both a discounted member rate and at full cost nonmember rate — your membership is added value.
- Our snowmobile and ATV maps will be widely used when produced in 2023; elevate your services to this important economic development tool! Our bi-annual Katahdin Region Street Map is distributed locally, via mail upon request and provided at select locations in the community. There are multiple size ad spaces as well as listing on the map that will be offered again in 2023. This is the only street map current produced locally.
Each year we will provide members with a digital handbook that outlines the benefits, connectivity and structure of the organization.
We host an annual meeting each year which provides an overview to our membership successes of the last year, goals and opportunities for our growth and collaboration for continued growth of our region.
QUARTERLY NETWORKING EVENTS
Quarterly Membership Meeting dinners are open to all members and we encourage members to bring guests to learn about the Chamber and to experience the awesome hospitality within our region. Each meeting features a annual report, engaging speakers and information pertaining to the region. We welcome you to take part in these quarterly meetings as they are a great way to meet the people behind the businesses and enjoy time with other like-minded people in the Katahdin region.
We work for you. We want to serve all members to the best of our ability. Chamber leadership is available to you and your business through in-person visits, phone calls, and emails.
We also host a networking and info sharing group on Facebook called “Katahdin Chamber Members Only.” We’ll be sure to invite you upon joining. Our goals are to grow the region. You’re important to us. We want to earn your trust and support.
Partenerships & Sponsorships
- Tourism Summit
- 401(k) Program (see right)
- Maine Highlands
- Maine State Chamber of Commerce
- Maine Office of Tourism
- Maine Tourism Association
- North of Boston CVB
Member 401[K] Program
KATAHDIN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is excited to make available to our members access to what we believe is a smart way to offer your company’s 401(k). This 401(k) benefit is known as a Multiple Employer Aggregation Program (MEAP) and provides many of the advantages of joining other businesses in a group program, primarily service and buying power. The Katahdin Chamber of Commerce Member 401(k) program is designed to help take away almost all of the work, responsibility, and fiduciary liability that is associated with operating your companies 401(k), and usually at a similar or better price. We believe that taking much of the non-income producing functions off your plate, so that you can focus time on running a successful business, just makes good sense. Please take time to watch the video and review the materials to help you better understand why joining the “Katahdin Chamber of Commerce Member 401(k) Program” could be a smart decision for you and your business. For more information, please email or call our 401(k) program consultant:
Hallowell, ME 04347-1441